Livin' the Dream...

Livin' the Dream...
Do you remember the movie "The Princess Bride"?? Remember how it begins with the grandfather coming over to read his grandson (good ole Fred Savage) a story because he is sick in bed? Well, ever since I saw that...I had a dream of one day reading a story to one of my kids when they were sick in bed. No, not The Princess Bride...but instead my all-time favorite kids book...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


I started reading "Charlie" to Megan about two weeks ago. This is her first big girl (no pictures) book she's ever listened to. We had been reading about 1-2 chapters a night. Then on Sat. 12/15 my "dream" came true. Megan woke up sick and threw up a couple times that morning. She was sacked out on the couch...but awake. Much to her pleasure, I grabbed Charlie and we rattled off a few chapters.


Fast forward now to our downtown night last Saturday. After viewing the City/County bldg, we hit up a Starbuck's for a cup of "liquid chocolate from Mr. Wonka's chocolate river".

Comments

  1. Roald Dahl writes the best stories. We are currently working on James and the Giant Peach again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, you were my motivation to start reading now and not wait until the girls get older. I remember you telling me this summer that you were reading Katie some big books. I didn't think Megan would have the ability to just sit and listen without pictures. Her little mind can totally wrap itself around a story like this and remember all kinds of details! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are wonderful! If the chocolate river works maybe clouds, green drops and star blasters could be "written into" Charlies book :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment