NH Marathon

NH Marathon
Here's a flashback & flash forward post...


Flashback to Fall of 2003....Tanya & I did this hike while visiting my parents in New Hampshire. The lake below is Newfound Lake and the munchkin on my back is Megan.


Flash forward to this Saturday....I'll be running in the NH Marathon which actually encircles this lake and some. It should be a beautiful course with the Fall foliage approaching its peak. The current weather forecast for Saturday is perfect...partly cloudy with a high of 66.


I'm really excited for this marathon. I feel much more prepared and hopefully have learned a few things from the last one.


One comment I hear frequently is that I'm crazy for wanting to run in another marathon. I can't really disagree with that statement, but I have a hard time explaining why I choose to do it. Yes, there is accomplishment and the sense of well-being from training for months, but that's usually not enough for those ready to have me committed. I recently came across this article that helps get into the head of a marathoner. Check it out so you don't think I've completely lost it:


In It for the Long Run

Comments

  1. Woody,

    Thank you for the article - there are things in life that bring us a special thrill of accomplishment that other people have a hard time appreciating because they haven't experienced that level of committment and success. For me, I compare it to the years of sacifice to making my business thrive and become rewarding. I am betting the ones that think your crazy are folks who haven't yet found their personal challange. I know I worry about your knees when your 60 - but my Dad use to worry that I worked too hard - its all good.

    I am proud of you and Tanya for your committment to keeping physically fit - look at the example you are setting for you girls.

    GO TEAM ERLICH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehrlich - sorry Jim and Chris about the spelling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment