Whoops!

Whoops!
Here's a funny one! After dinner on Saturday night, we took a stroll over to a small reservoir to take a stab at some fishing. Jesse & David were doing the real thing, while our family went the Superman pole & attached red fish route.

So I learned this weekend that Tanya really likes the casting part. You should have seen her send that red fish flying almost to the other side of the lake. It was incredible. She was also a little cocky about her casting prowess.

She finally handed over the rod & reel with a challenge to see if I could cast any further. You gotta love some friendly competition between a husband and wife. I wound up and had a miserable cast that went about 15 feet. I quickly reeled the red fish in for attempt number two.

I wound up even more for this one and flung my arm forward as fast as I could...boy you should have seen that red fish fly...and the Superman pole right along with it! Yup, Superman is now at the bottom of the lake.

I turned around to see Megan's jaw dropped and tears welling up. Her beloved pole was gone. After providing much consolation and a promise to replace it with a new one and have it possibly be a....Dora fishing pole?? She forgave me. Tanya on the other hand, continued with her smug smile as the reigning casting champion in our family.

Anyone know where I can find a Dora fishing pole? Do they even make one?

Comments

  1. I know nothing of Dora...but T, that is SUCH a cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious, i wish i could have seen the looks on everyone's faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. Nice one dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya's got that casting gene from her Dad, an expert fisherman. You will never beat her at any fishing skills! As far as a Dora fishing pole! Good luck -

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided that I will purchase a Superman fishing pole....but place Dora stickers on it! Is that brilliant or what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woody thats billiant!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment