Breck Trek

Breck Trek
Last Friday, we made our way up to Breckenridge for a weekend of fun with the Sullivan's. James's parents have a place up in the mountains...and when I say up...I mean it. Their cabin sits at around 10,400 feet!

We left the warm Denver weather and found ourselves waking up on Saturday to the beginning of a day long snowstorm that left about 8 inches by the time it was done. That didn't stop us from getting out! The ladies took off to hit the outlets while James & I rallied the kids for a trip to downtown Breck. Our outing consisted of playtime at a special toy store, a shopping spree at a candy store & an all out snowball fight (mainly between Megan and James).

On Sunday, James and I got to use another day of our "Four Pass" at Copper. The conditions were perfect. I've never snowboarded in powder before. I never knew snow could provide such a nice cushion for falls. And while I'm on an "I never" kick, I'll say that I never thought I would break my string of snowboard outings while avoiding black diamond runs! But then again, I've never skied with James before. He insisted we do at least one. I resisted at first, but then relented and agreed to go down "Kaboom"...and was so glad I did. I had so much fun that I was the one asking him to do it again!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful place - Something special in that picture you didn't mention - Zoe is smiling in a group picture - a first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. And a much better place to get 8 inches of snow. Our driveways have seen enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment