Bookmarks

Bookmarks
On Sunday afternoon, Megan & I were playing this goofy game where we would come up with silly nicknames for one another, say them out loud and laugh. It would go like this:

Dad: "Hey there Meg-a-leg!" -followed by laughter-

Megan: "Hey there Daddy-paladdy!" -more laughter-

This went on until the following name came out:

Megan: "Hey there Bookmark!"

Dad: -chuckling- "Why did you call me a bookmark?"

Megan: "Bookmarks are things you put with your favorite places."

Dad: -thinking I just received a compliment- "Megan, am I one of your favorite things?"

Megan: -pausing a moment to think- "Hey there Bush Marsh!"

Sometimes as a parent you look for sentimental moments when they are just not there. Okay...maybe you don't and I'm just a weirdo.

Comments

  1. I can relate. :-) As the wise elder - I don't think she even heard your leading remark and was just into the game thinking up the next silly name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment