beach day

beach day
My trip to Santa Barbara last week seems distant as I watch the snow fall out my window. It was so wonderful to spend time with my Mom, Dad and Grandma. The girls loved being with them and it was a joy for me to watch them interact. The visit was short and peppered with rain, but we did get in an hour at the beach one day. Karen and Spencer joined us and it was AWESOME! I really miss the ocean, there is something so special about it. It makes me feel peaceful and thankful for God's beautiful creation. The girls had a blast as well. Megan looked at me sideways when I told her to leave her shoes in the car, when do I ever tell her to do that! At first Zoe wasn't so sure about walking on the sand, but soon enough she got used to the feeling and was chasing birds and collecting shells. They dug right into the sand and were filthy when we were done. There's something so great about having sand between your toes as you're driving home. I know I sound a little crazy...that's what being land-locked does to you!

Comments

  1. Misty Eyed Nana Here- I promise to bring some sand, salt water, kelp, sea shells, and just to make you feel like SB a little bit of tar - that way your only a shoe box from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I compeletely understand! I actually enjoy having sand in my car, it reminds me how lucky I am to live close to the beach. It also means that I've just been there and most likely had a great time! I can't wait for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment