Love it...

Love it...
Day Two Scorecard: 3 hours skied. 2 big smiles. 2 falls by Woody. 1 bruised tailbone. Times 2 the number of sore muscles from Day One.

Even though I have a sore tush, I wouldn't change it for the world. I really love snowboarding. I really don't love falling. My college roommate, Geoff, taught me to snowboard and I'm grateful for it. We took a few "sick" days during our college experience to do so. I learned from the best. Geoff grew up in Austria, so he had been snowboarding long before it ever became known, let alone popular in the States.

My first two times snowboarding with him, I strapped into the board with my pair of steel-toed workboots. Yeah, that is not what you want to wear snowboarding. First off, they weren't even close to being waterproof. Second and more importantly, steel doesn't tend to stay warm when you spend long periods of time in cold and wet conditions. Once again, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Comments

  1. Dude, what the heck? Where are all the people? What an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day I tried to learn to snowboard was one of the worst in my life. I am far too much of a control freak to learn something like that at my age. I've also only skied once, but loved it and think it is a much better fit for my personality!
    Where are all the people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This run, called "Jacques Peak", was our favorite. It was an Intermediate run a little off the beaten path. Every time we went down it, there was no one in sight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment