the weekend

the weekend
I know this picture would have been better posted with yesterday's entry but you've got to give me some slack...I was still a little disorganized Monday night when I was doing the post.

Once the initial surprise settled in, we packed up the gang and headed to the mountains to cut our tree down with the Rhodes and Dombrowski's. We only made it about a half hour away when we decided to ditch the tree idea and go to the Brow's for lunch at their amazing home in the woods. It was a wise choice, since the snow was coming down hard...and had been for hours. On one hand, it was so weird to have Karen there...but on the other, it was so normal, especially because she knew everyone.

That night Karen, Misty and I enjoyed a delicious meal at my favorite restaurant, Hacienda Colorado. We then wandered around the mall till it closed. Woody braved the Nuggets game with both girls on his own. Well not completely on his own, Cousin Scott and Kelsey were there too!

After church on Sunday we had a little party with the Craig's and the Rhodes in which we ate and watched football by the fire. I was excited to be able to have Karen all day Monday too. Unfortunately, I had a previous appointment to take the girls in to get their Christmas pictures taken that morning. Of course, the half hour appointment turned into a three hour event. Let's just say they were REALLY backed up! We made the most of it and had lunch in the mall. That's the great thing about such good friends...it doesn't matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together.

Thanks again Karen for coming out here...and thank you Paul (and Leslie) for holding down the fort while she was gone. Of course, thank you Woody for getting me the most fabulous gift this year.

Comments

  1. That's super cool, Woody. Geez, I don't think I can get away with the new razor I have to Rachel's birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Aubrey has her portrait appointment tomorrow. I really hope they are not three hours backed up. Neither of us have that type of stamina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment