Surprise!

Surprise!
It's not often that one gets completely surprised in life. I'm not talking about the kind of surprise that happens when your favorite tv show pulls out a twist to the plot...I'm talking about when you are completely floored and you feel so light-headed that you have to sit down. It's happened to me three times; when Woody flew out to surprise me for my 21st birthday, getting engaged and my birthday present this weekend.

I ended up being really sick the day of my birthday, which was an obvious bummer, but I was hoping to be better for the next day. Woody was planning on taking me out to a surprise dinner and the Nuggets game after we went up and cut our Christmas tree down in the mountains. That morning he told me he had to do a few things at work before we left. He also said that a FedEx would be coming that morning and that I shouldn't open it without him. Of course I was curious about the FedEx's contents, but I figured it was tickets to something that night. Anyways, he played it all real smooth and I was clueless. A couple hours later he returned home. A few minutes after that the doorbell rang and he asked me to get it. I opened the door expecting the FedEx man...instead I got Karen McLean, my dear friend from Santa Barbara! Wow, was I blown away. Completely shocked and so excited that I got to spend the weekend with her. The perfect present!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful surprise - Karen is a wonderful friend - girlfriends like that will last a lifetime - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful young women! Praise the Lord for bringing such special people into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woody you stud.

    Thanks for taking such good care of my sister. And TL, you should be thankful you have such awesome friends who will come to visit you on your birtday from far away!!! Great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was JUST as much of a treat for me as it was for Tanya. Thanks for sharing your weekend with me. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment