Holiday Blizzard

Holiday Blizzard
With my title above, I wish I was referring to a seasonal Dairy Queen treat. No, I'm referring to the name our local news station has dubbed this recent storm. It was and continues to be one of the most impressives storms I've been in...and just think, we'll finally hit the first day of winter tomorrow!

The snow started to fall around 5:15am yesterday and hasn't stopped. I can finally say I got my wish of a snow storm totalling 12 or more inches. It didn't take long to accumulate to that depth. The storm has crippled the entire metro area. We had everyone go home from work around 10:30am yesterday. At the same time we informed everyone that today would be a "Snow Day" from work! The forecast was predicting close to two feet by this time. They were right. Since they don't plow any of the side streets around here, it makes it close to impossible to get out.

The best part about this storm is that it guarantees we'll have a white Christmas on Monday!

Last year, I decorated this tree with white lights. I think I like it with colored lights better. We promise to post some cooler blizzard pictures tomorrow.

Off to go shovel the driveway again...

Comments

  1. hopefully tomorrow will be a snow day too so you can have a long weekend with your family. Speaking of your family, hopefully they have flights for later this weekend and will have no problem getting here!

    Mike is scheduled to work tomorrow and Saturday so we are hoping our neighborhood gets plowed sooner rather than later. New CO adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 12:30pm now. It's still snowing quite hard, but is supposed to be ending soon. As of 11:30am, the news reported we have received 33 inches in our town. This tree is now almost completely covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since lunchtime we've received about one inch of wet, sloppy snow. Looks like M&D's flight already has a slight delay taking off. We'll see what tonight brings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment