The H sticks...

The H sticks...
This is a post where you stop reading now and pick up the phone to call the authorities to report me for child endangerment.

Let me explain. Before dinner on Sunday, we walked over to the stream by our campsite. It was shallow and had lots of rocks for throwing and jumping on. We found a section of the stream that had large logs spanning the width of the stream creating bridges.

You see, whenever I get around a stream or river, the kid in me comes out and I love to hop rocks and mess around. These logs were just irresistible. After a solo trip across, Megan asked if she could walk on the 'H' sticks with me. The three logs made a perfect 'H'...very clever Megan!

First, we walked across the large log that was about a foot off the ground. We then graduated to the skinnier one about four feet above the stream. This one bounced with every step. We got to about the point where this picture was taken and I got freaked out. I realized that if I lost my balance, there was no way to predict which way Megan would fall. It would not have been a pretty landing, so things got very serious and we finally made it across. Dumb dad I am.

After we finished, Tanya had to give it a go. The first one? Easy. The second, bouncy one? Let's just say she sat in that position laughing for minutes on end unable to go any further. For some reason, the taunting from Megan and I got into her head and she couldn't concentrate. She started to crawl down the middle log, but our 'boos' forced her to stand up and finish the bouncy log challenge.

Comments

  1. Nana the not so brave camper!September 6, 2006 at 9:44 PM

    I can remember being in TL situations where I was afraid to move, but instead of laughing and being a good sport - I remember saying things like this is too scary - help me - through tears and stares of helplessness. Good girl Tanya -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment