Getting too old...too fast...

Getting too old...too fast...
We have been working with Megan on the whole girl/boy, guys/gals & man/woman terminology thing. In the past, she has said things in public that aren't quite accurate when referring to certain people. For example, we were walking right behind 3 ladies and Megan shouts, 'Daddy, those guys all have the same jackets on!'

Well, on our drive through the mountains, we drove by a car that had a man & woman it and here's how the conversation proceeded:


Megan: 'Mommy, the girl in that car looks like Mrs. Kirby.' (her preschool teacher)

Tanya: -Knowing it wasn't, but wanting to correct her- 'Megan, Mrs. Kirby is woman.'

Megan: 'Oh...Mommy, are you a woman?'

Tanya: 'Yes, I am.'

Megan: 'Mommy, is Daddy a woman?'

-I think...Yikes! Did that question just came out of her mouth??-

Tanya: 'Noooooo. He's a man. What are you?'

Megan: 'I don't know.'

Tanya: 'You're a girl.'

Megan: -Emphatically- 'Noooo...I am a woman!'

Comments

  1. She is a woman - I heard her roar! Wait till you have to teach male and mail and female and free mail. - These two girls of yours are the funny, sweet and smart - they keep me on my toes! Physically and mentally! Their cute and well mannered also - boy does this sound like a Nana comment or what!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment