Campfires...

Campfires...
Due to the cold weather we experienced while camping, an evening and morning campfire was mandatory! Campfires are always a highlight in any camping outing and this one was no exception.

Instead of rambling about the joys of a campfire, I have a two gripes about them that were reinforced after this trip. Here they are:

- Why is it that wherever you sit around the campfire, the smoke blows right at you? If you move, it follows. There is NO avoiding it. Even if the smoke has been blowing in a consistent direction all night, as soon as you move out of the way, it will change.

- Why do logs crack and pop only to send a hot ember flying in your direction? It all happens in slow motion too! The log pops and sure enough here comes the ember tumbling through the air...and no matter how fast you think you are at getting out of the way...it hits somewhere on your body. The result is a dancing like motion resembling that of getting a hornet stuck in your shorts.

Even with my gripes and getting gouged by the campground host by having to pay $7 per bundle of firewood, our campfires were great. My marshmallow roasting game was on. The best ever. Tanya eventually gave up trying because my technique was producing perfect, 'tan all over' marshmallows.

Comments

  1. I LOVE roasted marshmallows--but I have to have mine at least a little charred. Same with hotdogs, I have no clue why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, classic gripes. I am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment