What's all the buzz about?

What's all the buzz about?
The International is in town! For those not residing in the Denver area, the International is a PGA golf tournament in Castle Pines featuring some of the bigger names in golf. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to head down there with some co-workers to watch a couple hours of the opening round. We were invited to hang out in the hospitality tent for Great West Health (one of the major sponsors of the tournament). We were overlooking the 15th green which was pristine and had a large pond just in front of the small green. Needless to say, there was little margin for error.

I've never been to a golf tournament before and I must say it was borderline boring. I got to see a lot of the famous golfers play this one green, but that was it. All of sudden things would get real quiet and I would see the ball drop out of the sky and land on the green (or in the water for a few). Don't get me wrong...I was not at work...so the day was perfect. I think if I ever go back, I might pick one or two golfers and follow them hole to hole. It's a lot of walking, but I think it would be exciting to see more of the amazing course.

Comments

  1. The Grand Prix, Douglas County Fair, and Castle Rock's 125th anniversary celebration are all this weekend too! I feel sorry for my parents leaving from DIA on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment