The Predicament...

The Predicament...
Tanya was in Wisconsin this weekend attending her Grandpa's funeral, which left me attending to our girls every need...of which there were many.

After a great dinner & ice cream at Cold Stone with the Rhodes on Friday night, I was looking for something fun to do with them on Saturday. My plan was to get up early and head over to the Rocky Mountain Hot Air Balloon Festival, but we awoke to rain, so that was nixxed. Plan B was to head over the Rec Center for some swimming.

We had a great time at the pool. Of course, the frog slide is always a hit with Megan. She's wild on that thing. All the other kids go down it nicely on their bottoms. Not Megan. She's going down every which way...arms and legs flailing and making a different funny face & noise with each pass.

When it was time to leave, I brought the girls into one of the family locker rooms (basically a small locker room you have to yourselves). All was going smooth getting them changed until Zoe started throwing a fit because she was hungry. Fortunately, my masterful planning had a fresh package of graham crackers in the bag. Each girl began gnawing on a cracker and things settled down.

My last item to accomplish before we left for lunch was to have Megan go potty. In public restrooms, I generally hold her on the seat so she doesn't have to touch anything. This becomes even more important when she has food in her hands (now realizing my wise food hand-out wasn't so wise). Well, there I am in the stall holding Megan on the seat while she eats and is trying to go #1...and I turn around to see Zoe right behind me...cracker in one hand...other hand exploring the sanitary napkin box on the wall. Ahhhhhhh! I yelled, but Zoe didn't care. She saw my predicament. Either let her explore or her sister would make a big splash in the toilet as I let go. Well, my long legs finally came in use and I was able to extend a leg far enough back to shoo her away from the box and block access until Megan FINALLY did her thing.

Comments

  1. That was hilarious! I think you're doing a bit better than Rachel. :) I'm proud of your technique in the bathroom. Sounds like a tough time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. If that bathromm had a video camera someone would be making a lot of money over that episode. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Oh that is just too funny (though at the time I'm sure it wasn't!) Maybe they need to put those boxes up high, out of kids' reach!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment