Pure Laughter

Pure Laughter
Have you ever laughed so hard that tears well up?

During my Dad's party, out came the 'Fart Machine' and the rest was history. This remote controlled black box is filled with a wide assortment of quite realistic sounds of flatulence. For the record, this ingenious device was purchased by my Dad!

As the dinner conversation continued, Lauren (the oldest cousin) snuck off into the other room with the remote while the black box was hidden close to the table. Slowly but surely we started noticing the obnoxious sounds that appeared every minute or two, yet could not be associated with any particular person.

Once the trick was revealed, the real fun began. We must have pushed that button 200 times. The kids thought it was hilarious, as did the adults. I will always carry fond memories of my Dad asking the kids after each resounding toot, 'Do I hear a duck quacking?' and they would burst into laughter.

I particularly enjoyed watching Megan laugh. I don't think she's ever laughed so hard at toots. I think this experience will shape her response to all future escapes of air.

Comments

  1. I don't want to turn in to an "over-commenter" but this crack me and my co-workers up today! I'd love to hear some samples on the soundbites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woody, It gets worse! We ended up coming home from vacation with "Responses to the Fart Blaster" remote, to which Lauren & Dana have successfully memorized all 6 "re-butt-les." Their personal favorite: "Are you blowing your butt-trumpet again?!" I'm just dreading my first parent-teacher conference this Fall...."Mrs. Ehrlich, there's something rather disturbing we need to speak to you about your daugher."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment