Life in IT

Life in IT
On Monday, I had one of my more stressful days at work. The afternoon hit and I had a tech onsite helping me upgrade our document imaging system. The upgrade wasn't going well. I had a brief 15 minute break, so I thought I'd try something to our scheduling system server that would help if our main server ever went down. Well, my little procedure brought down the whole scheduling system at their busiest time of the day! Argh. It went from bad to worse when I got on the phone with the developer and he couldn't figure out the problem. The sweat started beading on my forehead when he began saying things like, 'Man, I've never seen something like this before.' In a stroke of luck, we found the problem and had the system back up in about an hour & fifteen minutes.

I owned up to my mistake and brought the scheduling department bagels and donuts the next morning to make amends for my goof.

Comments

  1. They are lucky to have an employee that is so dedicated, honest and generous! I bet they were all happy to get that long break and then dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comment only a mother could make. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had so much power at your job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta say I'm with Sharon on this one! Forced to take a break from their work only to be "rewarded" for it later with bagels and donuts...they should be thanking you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment