Flashback - August 2004

Flashback - August 2004
Two years ago, Tanya was well into her pregnancy with Zoe. At just five weeks along, she had to have kidney surgery, which left her with plenty of discomfort and instructions to lay low for the remainder of the pregnancy. In August, we got to enjoy a week's vacation at Newfound Lake in New Hampshire with my family (we have a slideshow of our fantastic week on the slideshow page). Soon after our return to CA, she found out she had gestational diabetes and then went into pre-term labor. This resulted in her being in and out of the hospital with at least six weeks of her life spent on bed rest. Needless to say, 2004 was a rough year for Tanya.

I say all this because on Sunday morning, my superstar wife is going to run in her first ever triathlon! I'm so proud of her commitment to train and prepare for this huge accomplishment. Many of you know Tanya well and understand just how out of her element a competition like this is. She isn't one to just go jogging, biking or swimming and wouldn't mind me saying that she has probably run no more than a mile (at one time) in her life. But on Sunday, she is going to swim for a half mile, then immediately hop on a bike and ride for thirteen miles, and then follow that with a three mile run! I'm so excited for her and can't wait to watch my hot wife kick that course's butt!

Do I sound giddy? I am. I've swelled with pride when I've seen my Wonder Woman train by going for a 2 mile jog, or a long bike ride. She's probably in the best shape of her life! You know I'll be there with camera in hand, so check back Monday for a recap.

Comments

  1. Don't post finish line pictures. No one looks good at the finish line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you T! I have memories of you in an aerobics class with Susan and I that you were done with after about 8 minutes...and that was the end of your gym membership! Go T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was Step Aerobics, and I about broke my ankle trying to keep up with you pros!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment