A Real Date Night...

A Real Date Night...
I think this shot is my favorite sunset yet. The sky on the evening of 7-28 was incredible. It only looked like this for a few minutes and then it was gone.


So, Tanya & I got to go out on our monthly date night this past Saturday. Once our all-star sitter, Ainsley arrived, we took off for Del Friscos. This restaurant is a fancy schmancy steakhouse that has a pretty good reputation in the metro area. About 2 months ago, I was given a $200 gift certificate to Del Friscos from my work. It floored me to see the amount and I immediately thought how fun it would be to take another couple on a double date. In my mind, there was no way Tanya & I could spend that much in one sitting. After sharing the news with some friends, they warned us not to take another couple unless we wanted a total tab of $400.

Boy, were they right...here's the breakdown:

2 - Soft Drinks = $6

2 - Dinner Salads = $16

1 - Filet Mignon = $40

1 - 1 lb. of Alaskan King Crab Legs = $39

1 - side of mashed potatoes = $7

1 - side of asparagus = $7

1 - Creme Brulee Dessert = $8

1 - Raspberry Chocolate Cake = $8

1 - small cup of coffee = $9 (yes, they charged $9 for a cup of coffee?!?)

After the tip, we were left with chump change of $26 on the gift card. The entire meal was amazing, but the desserts were the highlight, so we should have enough to go back for another round of the sweet stuff. I don't think it's the kind of place you go just for dessert, but who cares.

Comments

  1. What?!? That is crazy! I hope the coffee was amazing. I think I would faint just by looking at the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay where is this that you're working, first baseball tickets and now a gift certificate??? Are they hiring??? :)

    That is pretty expensive. But hey at least it was on someone else's dime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the Mike Heldt comparison to that date "on a budget".

    2 soft drinks...50 cents. We have a machine in our breakroom where they are a quarter each.

    1 bag of lettuce with some dressing...$2

    1 Whopper (or 2 Jr Whoppers if you prefer)...$3

    1 Fish sandwich...$2

    small fry...$1

    no need for vegetables

    The drive to Wendy's...$2

    1 Large Frosty (to split of course)...$2

    1 pound of coffee...$7...or 50 cents per pot (at home)

    Total bill= $13. Is it any wonder why Rachel loves going on dates with me. I mean $13 doesn't grow on trees afterall.

    In all seriousness...I have heard amazing things about Del Frisco's and am glad you were able to "live it up" and enjoy a nice, though gluttoness meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment