Fast Fingers...

Fast Fingers...
You all know how challenging it is to catch good pictures of kids. When you're ready to snap the shot, they move. I experienced a whole new level of being quick on the trigger. We had a nice storm come through on Monday and I was determined to get a picture of a lightning bolt. Well, I succeeded...but I can't tell you how many times the bolt would come and I thought I had it...only to realize I was once again too late.

Lightning is an all too common sight in Colorado during the summer. A week doesn't go by without reading about someone who has been struck. When I see a picture like this, it amazes me that anyone ever survives being struck by lightning.

Tomorrow is '14er Take Two'. I'm going to hike Mt. Princeton with James and his friend Zack. I truly hope we don't encounter anything like this picture.

Comments

  1. Lightning can strike 30 minutes before and after a storm. So if you see those ominous clouds, get to a good stopping point. Although I am sure you already left and won't get this comment. An entire family was struck while hiking in the Grand Canyon. They were holding hands and the blast went through all four of them! The youngest girl now has a website about how kids can stay safe in lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude this pic is awesome. How the heck are you that fast. Well done my friend. Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you sure that isn't just a tear in a printed picture?????????? i'm suspicious . ... .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment