Ready and Not Ready

Ready and Not Ready
I'm ready to have the girls return. I was ready 5 days ago. Two more days til I have them back. The house has been so quiet. Too quiet. So many of my day to day routines have been upset with them gone...and many of you know how much I love my routines. No 'see you later alligators' when I leave for work, no hide and seek games w/ big hugs when I return home & no kisses on the head while their sleeping. I must say I have enjoyed my frequent chuckles over walking by the bathroom and seeing the toilet seat in a perpetual 'up' position. Lucy's also lovin' it. I've shown her more attention in the last 5 days, than I think in the last 5 months.

The time alone did give me a chance to put together our new slideshow! I just posted the Winter 2006 show. It features some pictures you've seen before and many you haven't. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing the shows.

Here's another mundane tidbit from life...as you can tell, I've also had lots of time to post...

Many of you know I have a Chipotle in my building. I frequent it to the tune of about once every other week. It's extremely busy on weekdays with a long line. The last time I was in line, I noticed a sign explaining that you can order online and it will be waiting for you when you walk in (skipping the line and heading straight to the cashier). I tried it yesterday. It's a pretty sweet website and let's your customize you perfect burrito. 20 minutes later I made my way downstairs and bypassed the 20+ person line and made my way to the cashier. I was saddened when the guy told me it was not ready yet....so I waited while everyone in line gave me dirty looks. The guy found my order, whipped up my burrito & gave me the 100% discount for the inconvenience. Excellent.

Comments

  1. I big red heart Chipotle, Woody. Mmmmmm....and the 100% discount rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I taught, we had a forty-five minute lunch break. I know, very generous. So we made Thursday the official Friday to avoid crowds. We would often call in orders and pick them up when we got there. We are so spoiled in the US!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment