Working out again

Working out again
I think its really hot stuff that my wife is going to run in a triathlon! I'm very proud of her for signing up and taking on this challenge. Little did I know, but apparently she now needs an entire training wardrobe?!? A couple days after signing up, she was headed down to the Nike outlet to outfit herself!

After an extended holiday break, I've gotten back into working out. Running specifically. I'm back to running on the treadmill in the workout room in the basement of my office building. On Wednesday, I walked in to find 'Mr. Country Music Television' working out. Only this time he was watching the news. Phew. Part of my motivation for trying to get back in shape is that I'm signed up to play in a basketball league that starts in March.

Why is it that when I start to exercise again, my desire to eat junk food is intensified? It's unbelievable how right when I finish, I suddenly find myself thinking about cookies and candy. My willpower is pretty weak because all I have to do is tense my sore muscles and I easily talk myself into believing that I deserve it.

Comments

  1. Ummm..DUH she needs a new outfit(s). She probably also needs a couple pairs of shoes, a new Nalgene, and I liked the iPod suggestion! Go Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think tanya should be able to purchase additional workout garb only after acheiving certain milestones of training. :) just like the olympians and their endorsements. i know tanya will enjoy my input on this issue. where will do you swim for your triathlon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. God sends the most interesting challenges to deepen our prayer lives... go, guys, GO! We'll be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment