Not quite what we expected...

Not quite what we expected...
Our much anticipated weekend of fun was altered a bit. As reported last week, Tanya got sick...really sick. She got the flu and eventually went to urgent care on Friday and was hooked up to an IV because they thought she was dehydrated. Needless to say, we had to change our plans. Skiing was ruled out and so was our dinner downtown before the game. We did still go to the game which was really fun. I want to document a comment made by Tanya during the game. She said, 'You know, I think I might want to get an Earl Boykins jersey.' For those who don't know who Earl is, he's the Nuggets backup point guard who stands a whopping 5 ft 5 in. He's a total crowd favorite. Can you picture Tanya wearing a Nuggets bball jersey?? Someday there will be a post if she follows through.

On Saturday, we thought we would venture out and head back up to Evergreen for a little ice skating. Tanya was feeling a little better. We thought it would be fun to have Megan give ice skating a shot. Well, it was a flop. Both Tanya & Megan returned their skates less than 10 minutes after they were rented. Tanya realized she had no strength for skating and Megan just didn't like it. I know that's hard to believe with the look on her face.

I actually had a great time though. I rented hockey skates and for some reason, it was much easier than I ever remember it being. My previous ice skating experience consisted of several hard falls and my ankles would painfully turn in as I skated. So despite it being a balmy 24 degrees out, I had a lot of fun. Throughout all this excitement, Nana and Zoe took a little snooze in the car.

Comments

  1. Hey, I think Megan and I lasted 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you 20 if you include the time it took to put the skates on and walk out to the ice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment