Check out my front teeth...

Check out my front teeth...
Zoe's front teeth have been slow to poke through. But in the last week or two, her gums opened up and a flood of teeth are now coming in. I think she has 6 new ones up top.

The other night at dinner, Megan was putting up a fuss about eating half a banana on her plate. When Nana was visiting, she told me about a book she read where it explained that kids need to know how their actions make you feel. So here's how it went:

Dad: 'Megan, if you eat your banana, you will make Daddy soooo very happy.'

Megan: 'But Daddy, I want to make you mad.'

-not the response I was expecting...thinking about what I should say-

Dad: 'Megan, if you take a bite of your banana, you will make Daddy very very mad.'

-Megan smiles, chuckles and reaches for her banana-

With each bite, I would tell her just how mad I was that she was eating her banana and she would bust out laughing. Then she switched it up and said she wanted me to be sad. So with each bite, I would put on a droopy face and act sad. She loved it and the banana was gone in no time. I'm not quite sure if this is what the author had in mind, but it worked.

Comments

  1. How will this play out when she wants the keys to the car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flexibility...key. Well done, my man! And your daughter is hilarious! Go Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment