Working out...

Working out...
Last week we had a great visit with Nana & Papa Sandwisch. Tanya took them up into the mountains midweek. They explored Keystone, Breckenridge & had a picnic lunch at a park next to Lake Dillon. It was chilly with patches of snow all around, but they had fun and it was beautiful.

About 2 weeks ago, I discovered that the building my office is in has a workout room in the basement. It's quite similar to what you would find in a hotel...equipped with a treadmill, stairmaster, bike machine, univeral nautilus machine, some free weights & a wall mounted TV. Since I have not exercised since August, I thought I would start using my lunch hour to run a little and try some exercises w/ the weights. I hate lifting and always have, but thought it would help improve my tall, lanky frame to try and add some bulk.

I have a problem. There is older guy who is on the same workout timeframe I am. He generally gets there first, and claims the TV by setting it CMT. That would be Country Music Television. (Disclaimer: I apologize upfront if you like country music.) Now when I start running on the treadmill, the aches & cramps set in pretty quick, but my pain goes off the charts when I'm forced to watch country music videos for 30 minutes!! First off, the videos are just plain horrible and the music does not get your adrenaline going in the least. There's just some music that shouldn't be listened to or watched while working out. This has happened twice now, so I think it's time I alter my schedule.

Comments

  1. this is what you do. since you get there after him, i assume you will be there after he leaves. unplug the tv. but not all the way. so it looks like it is plugged in, but it won't work. hopefully he is dumb. he will just not watch tv. then walk in ask him what is wrong and then fiddle with the plug. make it work and then tune it to whatever you want. either that or get a universal remote and hide it in your bag.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment