Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Final Turkey Trivia: Until 1863, Thanksgiving day had not been celebrated annually since the first feast in 1621. This changed in 1863 when Sarah Josepha Hale encouraged Abraham Lincoln to set aside the last Thursday in November 'as a day for national thanksgiving and prayer.'

At church last Sunday, we had a guest speaker who gave a 'Thanksgiving' message. In it, he said, 'Without memories there is no Thanksgiving.' It hit me as we celebrate this day of thankfulness, that it is the memories we have with family and friends that make this day so special. I'm learning that being intentional about taking time to 'remember' is one of the greatest gifts I can give myself because remembering is the key to being thankful. It's amazing how easy it is to continue on in life without having any times of reflection. The memories I have make me grateful & provide contentment for all we have been blessed with...even that dirty kid above!

Comments