My Favorite Christmas Gift

My Favorite Christmas Gift
I need to first clarify that this is Woody typing, since I figured the title of this post & pictures might throw a few of you off.


My favorite Christmas gift this year was one I gave to Tanya and the girls. It wasn't something they asked for and came as a total surprise. Yes, I found the complete series of LHOP and presented it to them on Christmas. 9 seasons, 203 episodes, and 60 DVDs!


We've read the books; the girls have seen the musical, and now for the first time they can watch the show that Tanya & I grew up on. I don't think we knew at the time that we were watching all reruns in the 80's.


So our family night activities have centered around the girls donning their bonnets (Thanks Martha!) and cuddling up together on the couch for some LHOP. Zoe told me I need to get in character and start smoking a pipe like Pa. I told her it's more likely I'd learn to play the fiddle before I take up pipe smoking.

Comments

  1. That's it. I gotta get out there. Beware the episode called "sylvia"...still freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do come Martha and thanks for the tip. A few episodes are a bit scary, but M&Z now LOVE this show. I almost forgot what wholesome TV was like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I think I told you my dad read all the books to me and my sister at least 20 times while we were growing up. My dad and I even took a trip (just the two of us) to the house where she wrote the books. What wonderful memories you are making with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Woody! We stumbled upon some episodes over Christmas break and the boys got into LHOP, too. Did we tell you that our big Christmas present to the boys was episodes IV, V, VI of Star Wars? They hadn't seen any of them yet and told us this was the best Christmas present EVER. Ah, the differences between boys and girls. :) Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tirzah - When we get through all of these season, I believe a trip to the real LHOP will be in the works!

    Karen - I loved LHOP as a boy. Well, I supposed I still do now! I appreciate seeing the values of hard work, honesty, loyalty, etc that are portrayed each episode. It's crazy to see the technological advances we have today compared to life back then. But it sure makes me wonder if we're better off??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment