Collegiate Peaks 50

Collegiate Peaks 50
On Saturday, I ran in my first trail ultra of the spring/summer. The Collegiate Peaks Trail Run was up in the mountains behind Buena Vista. The scenery was awesome as you stare out at the Sawatch range and the many 14ers it contains. The best view was of Mt. Princeton (above), which was the first 14er I climbed with James in 2006.


This race was probably my best ultra to date. In past races, I've always done pretty well in the first half before the wheels fall off and I end up struggling to the finish. This time around, I managed to hold it together until the finish and set a new 50 mile PR finishing in 8:33 and 18th place!


If you want to see a few more pictures and read about the nitty gritty, head over to my CO-Runner site for the boring stuff.

Comments

Post a Comment