The Fort

The Fort
I had promised the girls we would "camp out" one of the nights. After giving sleeping on the floor some serious thought, I devised a plan to build the fort as an extension of our comfy bed. A win-win right? Well, all was fine until 4:30 a.m. as Rocky started barking from his downstairs crate location. I went down to let him out and decided to bring him up to bed, as he'll generally go back to sleep.


Well, he noticed the girls on the floor and all the pillows piled up on the bed. I'm sure his curiosity got his brain cranking as he paced around on the bed. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I watched Rocky, through on cracked open eye, ascend a big pillow and descend the other side for a walk on the sheet. POOF! Down goes the roof of the fort and down goes Rocky...right on top of Zoe. I popped up and grabbed Rocky and the sheet in order to uncover the girls. Zoe woke up and said, "Rocky, what are you thinking walking on the roof of our fort?" Exactly my thoughts.

Comments

  1. Obviously - you guys didn't see the sign "watch out for falling rocks!".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment