5000! Yeah!

5000!  Yeah!
At mile 10 of my 18 mile run on Saturday, I stopped to celebrate my 5000th mile! It took me three years and one month of running to get there. I won't bore you with more running talk, so I'll just leave it at that.


I will say that the full moon was amazing and this picture does not capture even 10% of it's magnificence! It was huge!


Okay, I do have one bit of running talk to share. I will tell you the thing I hate most about running. That would be coming up to a spot on University Blvd featuring a Lamar's Donuts on one side and Starbucks on the other. Depending on the way the wind is blowing, the smell from Lamar's is enough to make my knees wobble in delight. Turning my head in the opposite direction doesn't help since I'm forced to see people sipping their delicious coffee drinks. I think I need to avoid that stretch!

Comments

  1. Good for you Woody!! I saw that moon over the pacific last week - amazing - even better than coffee and donuts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Woody, that's nuts! You've averaged almost 4.5 miles per DAY for over 3 YEARS! 31 miles per week! 135 miles per month! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kevin, thanks for sharing the averages. I hadn't looked at it that way yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment