Unexpected Christmas Present

Unexpected Christmas Present
Like most IT guys, I check my work email first thing in the morning. Stuff happens at night, so it's always good to start the day knowing everything is okay.


I was the first to awake on Christmas morning. I went downstairs and decided to check my email. What I found was a lovely Christmas present. An alert telling me a CPU fan had failed in one of our servers and the server shutdown. I wasn't feeling too jolly at that moment.


I could afford to let this issue slide for a few hours, but would need to resolve it that day before people started showing up for work at 6:15am on Friday. Although the drive to & from work seemed long, the fix was quick.


The girls & I decided to join me so we left around 10am. I didn't have to twist their arms too much as I informed them that my office had many Christmas goodies scattered around. I also provided each one with three quarters to use at our "snack machine". This was a first for them and was by far the most fun. The choices were almost too much, but they both decided on the animal crackers.

Comments

  1. That was always my choice, too. What a fun memory even if it wasn't fun for Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was probably around 18 before I saw one of those - and it was exciting - I can onloy imagine what its like to be 4.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment