Cheap Christmas?

Cheap Christmas?
This weekend I was looking through an "American Girl" catalog with Megan. She was showing me some of the items she would like for Christmas this year.


Let me back up a bit and explain that Megan is beginning to understand how much things cost. She knows that something $25 is much more expensive than something that costs $5 or $10.


Jumping back to the catalog, Megan showed me an American Girl Treehouse that cost $250! My immediate response was, "Whoa, that's really expensive Megan. I don't think we can afford that."


She was prepared for my response. She replied, "Well, that is why I'm going to ask Santa for this. The toys Santa brings me don't cost you and Mom any money. They're free right? All we have to pay Santa with is some cookies and milk."


She was very proud of her plan of getting what she wants while saving us money! Hmmmmmmm...I was at a loss for words.

Comments

  1. And so it begins. I am already struggling with the concept of cost. Aubrey saw a Princess Jeep that was $270 and told me it would make a good Christmas present (something I tell her all the time when she says she needs some new thing). I tried to explain that was very expensive and if she got that gift we wouldn't be able to buy anyone else any gifts. She kinda gave me a look that said "So?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Megan! Good problem solving skills. Unfortunately, the next thing she will come up with is how you can work extra hard to make more money...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment