Thankful...

Thankful...
I'm thankful I don't have to get into this posture every time I want to get a drink!


I'm also thankful that we're finally moved into our house. This weekend was exhausting, but we made gobs of progress towards getting settled. Tanya certainly lived up to her reputation.


Here's a real fun memory in our new house:


Our first night in the house was Friday. Lucy, our lab, had intestinal issues all that day. We thought it was nerves from being in a new environment. By the evening, she was still acting strange, but we "thought" she was all better. At 4:00am we were awoken by the sound of her vomiting just outside our bedroom. We sprang into action and I rushed her downstairs and outside.


On my way back up, I stepped in a pile of warm diarrhea. That's when all my senses woke up and my nose picked up on the fact that our entire house smelled like what was now covering my foot. I finally found a light to turn on. It seems Lucy had been making her way around the house making deposits all throughout.


Over the next hour, Tanya & I were on our hands and knees trying to clean up the declared disaster. Lucy was banished to the outside until she could prove to us that she was once again "solid". She is doing better now and we all slept like rocks on Saturday night!

Comments

  1. That is so horrible!!! Mike and I have had a too much experience with cleaning up loose stool off of carpet lately, but at least it was our sick daughter instead of our sick dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is no fun! I am glad Lucy is better, and you are mostly settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be thankful you don't have a pet giraffe - talk about mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awful! We had a laundry room full of dog diarrhea once and it still makes me throw up a little when I think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment