rock climbing

rock climbing
I'm really looking forward to camping this Summer. I believe I may have said this last Spring, but it's even more true now...I think the girls are at an age where they will truly be able to enjoy the great outdoors. At least I can trust that Zoe will be able to handle herself while climbing rocks and things.


I have so many great memories of camping with my brother and dad as a kid. One of them being feeding the chipmunks and squires. I would not advise this to my children, but it was cool to do when I was young! On our way into the campsite, Dad would stop at the campground store and pick up a bag of shelled peanuts. Then while he was setting up the tent, I would take a nut and hold it on my hip. Those little buggers crawled right up my leg for the food! It was crazy.


I remember another time that my parents encouraged me to feed a deer in Yosemite. I have a picture to prove it showing the deer literally eating out of my hand. His antlers were inches away from my face! Good gracious...I think my parents were crazy (or maybe Dad has his rifle ready in case the buck made any sudden moves, haha).
(Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. I was reading this and assuming Woody was writing I was thinking - wow we did the same thing - posted by tanya, that explains everything. I was there with you when you were feeding the deer - and yes it was scarey, yes it was dumb - but boy was it fun. I had fed it first and dad wanted a picture. I think you should tell the story about you popping out of the boat when we were white water rafting or when you slept with the grizzley bear. How about all those great condo camping trips with Mom and family?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment