Megan's Birthday

Megan's Birthday
Megan turned five on Sunday. With Tanya in CA for the weekend, the pressure was on to celebrate and make her feel special. Unfortunately, Saturday & Sunday were about the toughest days of parenting I've ever had. The "perfect storm" of mishaps and frustrations came together and left me wondering if there was any way I would make it until Tuesday night...when Tanya returned. Both girls seemed to find buttons to push that I never knew I had.


I won't get into details, because you probably don't want to hear me whine about all the whining and crying I endured. Sunday brought a whole new meaning to the song, "It's my birthday, and I'll cry if I want to".


The day actually started off pretty good, as we went out for breakfast at "The Egg & I" for their special "mouse-shaped" pancakes. Megan got to wear her necklace I made her, although she managed to break the strap before we got to church. Tomorrow you'll hear about the birthday craft activity and I'll try my best to be more positive since even that had it's moments.


The good news is that Megan's birthday party with friends is Saturday and what I attempted to do last Sunday will be a distant or forgotten memory.

Comments

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a wonderful dad! I am sure that Tanya has moments with the girls too. I love the necklace! And happy birthday Megan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the fact you feel badly about how it went shows what a sensitive and loving Dad you are - I believe they are suffering also when they whine and cry but they have a really short memory - bet if you ask them what they did on Megans birthday they won't mention anything negative. So thats why being young is sooo fun - except when you get really old (like 65) then you can't remember all the bad stuff either! Your just in that terrible stage of awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh she sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment