Hmmmm....this is interesting....

Hmmmm....this is interesting....
Have I piqued anyone's curiosity with this picture? Do you want the story behind it?

At work each month we have a staff lunch. We rotate between departments for who is responsible for choosing the food theme and putting on the spread...pot luck style. This past month our department was on...and we chose Italian.

I started a tradition last year of always signing up to bring butter to these lunches. Not just any old butter, but sculpted butter. During the holidays, the grocery stores around here sell butter already molded like a....turkey & Christmas tree. So that is what I became known for bringing.

Fast forward to this week. Knowing what was expected of me, I searched the grocery store for any kind of unique butter shape and came up empty. I decided that I would go big and actually sculpt the butter myself. My game was on and I was surprised, yet pleased with the outcome. Who knew I had this hidden talent?

That is one inch of Italian butter up there. Here's the process if you ever want to try it: soften 7 sticks of butter and spread it in a pan...freeze it....print out a map from the internet and cut it out with scissors...pop the frozen butter rectangle out of the pan and onto a tray...place the cut out map on the butter and go at it with a knife....freeze again when finished!

The Italian butter went over well with my co-workers. Should I rent myself out for parties?? Weddings??

Comments

  1. Mama Mia - thats one sweet talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that I married a sculptor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's not butter! Oh wait, it is butter...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment