Fun around the house...

Fun around the house...
When we got back from our SB trip, we were greeted by our new, unwanted pets. Seems these wasps were busy moving in and setting up shop while we were gone. This volleyball-sized nest was quite intimidating as it sat about 20+ feet off the ground and under our eave. Tanya called an exterminator who offered to charge over $100 to remove this palace. I thought that was ridiculous, so I took on the challenge of removing it myself. I must say that I'm quite a wimp when coming face to face with some angry wasps. Thus, I took my time and slowly dismantled it using all of my specialized tools. What are my secret tools? Rocks, 3 cans of wasp spray (which surprisingly doesn't work all that well), ice cubes, a basketball & a volleyball.


Did "ice cubes" make you scratch your head?? Let's just say I'm no Roger Clemens and after a few failed attempts of throwing rocks at our house, I realized that probably wasn't the most intelligent decision.


The play by play looked like this. I used a tool on the wasp nest once and immediately sprinted inside. I waited until the next day (as the irate wasps swarmed) and tried again.


I'm pleased to say there is not much left of this nest and I'm $100 richer. My final step is to knock what remains of the nest down with a stick.


Even though I had no shame in killing as many of these evil bugs as I could...isn't the nest really cool looking?

Comments

  1. After your successful hunt - are you having the nest taxidermied for the wall in your livingroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not wrapped in anything? I'm not a fan of the little critters either. I am gald you made it out alive and unstung!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment