14er Traditions

14er Traditions
So this time around I threw caution to the wind and decided I was not going to mess up our flying photo on the summit of La Plata. I believe this style of photo is now a tradition for all future summits we reach.

So far James has accompanied me on all three of my 14er adventures. It's been fun to share these times together. We stumbled upon another tradition after our Mt Antero hike in June. I had brought along some cold pizza and Wild Cherry Pepsi for the ride home. Little did I know that would provide us the best tasting pizza & drink I've ever had.


The night before La Plata, I picked up a family size Papa Murphy's pizza...baked it...wrapped up two large slices for each guy...and stuck them in the fridge. I was amazed at how much motivation I had during the climb thinking about those slices waiting for me back in the car. They did not disappoint!

Comments

  1. That's a really cool picture brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pose - Great Photo - Fly like an eagle! Zoes favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Zoe...that would be a "Bawd Eagool". This was my first and only attempt because I missed my targeted landing spot and started sliding down a slope. Need to be a little more careful next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment