Woo-Hoo...Number Two!!

Woo-Hoo...Number Two!!
Around 9:45am on Saturday, James and I summited Mt. Antero! This was 14er number two for me (the bottom right picture has me looking out at Mt. Princeton...my 1st 14er from last summer).

We had a perfect day. Awoke at 3:30am and hit the road at 4. Around 6:45am we began our ascent at 11,100 feet and had nice cool temps to climb in.

When we reached the summit, there was one couple up there getting ready to head down. Upon some brief conversation, we learned that this climb was 14er number 49 for the guy! He only has four more to complete them all. They started down leaving James & I the summit to enjoy for a half hour before the next couple arrived.

It was incredibly peaceful up there. No wind (which is usually not the case on top a 14er). I think the thin air started getting to James because next thing I knew he was flying off the fairly large snow pile! I resisted to join him at first, but then gave in. Obviously my technique leaves much to be desired. I couldn't get over the fear of sliding down the mountain if I didn't land on the four foot patch of rock next to the snow!

Comments

  1. I like the action shots! I'll never climb a mountain my old boring way again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOODY be careful! There I feel said the appropriate Motherly thing - also - Cool pictures, great jump - I would have that one framed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment