Christmas Tradition

Christmas Tradition
One of my favorite Christmas memories as a kid was making cut-out cookies with Grandma. I remember trying to be really sly and sneaking licks out of the bowl when she wasn't looking. After she rolled it out and I cut the shapes, I waited patiently for them to bake to perfection. The best came last...decorating them with delicious home-made frosting, sprinkles and chocolate chips. Mmmm...Yummy! Thanks Grandma for the fun times.

I've started the tradition with Megan last year and it was a joy to have Zoe join in on the fun this year. Only, they don't have to sneak licks from the bowl...I think part of the fun is eating the dough! Apparently I didn't make enough, because it only took us three days to finish them off. (Posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. That's one of my favorite Grandma memories too, only I would never dream of sneaking a lick. :) They look great and I even remember the gingerbread man cut I see on the stove. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite memories with Mom also, her cookies were great and I knew all the hiding places! We were lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa spend every Christmas with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment