The Music Man

The Music Man
There was never a dull moment when Grandpa was in the room. His quick sense of humor and permanent smile always brought joy to those around him. Besides playing the accordian (which I thought was really cool when I was a kid) he loved to play the harmonica, and he was great at it! His upbeat, toe tapping polkas were sure to get you on your feet! I admire how he loved Grandma, always wanting to snuggle and hold her hand. He was the only Grandpa I knew and I'm so thankful for the man he was and the legacy he left. He passed away on Saturday to his new and glorious Home. Goodbye for now Grandpa...see ya in Heaven. (Posted by Tanya)

(Photo taken in 1982)

Comments

  1. I love this picture! I put it right up there with the stellar photos you sometimes see in Life Magazine. All the captivated facial expressions are perfect. I feel honored to have seen Grandpa play the harmonica a few years ago. It was special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing me to see this, to cry, and to emote the beginning of all that will be emoted over the next few weeks and months. One of my favorite pictures ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Next Grandpa HeldtAugust 8, 2006 at 1:48 PM

    Tanya, Thanks for your beautiful message! It's a comfort to know that Grandpa has got his new perfect body now and doesn't have to live in the worn out one that he left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For years Dad would say at the close of our telephone conversations - "I love you, keep smiling" - my memories of Dad will make it easy to keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment