It's not all that bad...

It's not all that bad...
After the last few days, I feel I sometimes portray Megan to be a zany goofball more than I should. Don't get me wrong, she definitely has that side to her. She is also very sweet and caring and has surprised me on several occasions with her thoughtfulness. I guess I just assume that a three year old doesn't yet have the ability to think outside of themselves.

Here's what I'm talking about...

A couple times a week Tanya will put one or both of the girls on the phone when I call her from work. Megan usually says 'hi', but then I have to ask 20 questions to get her to talk. Lately, before I can even get a word out, Megan has asked, 'Daddy, how is your day?' Or...'Are the people your working with treating you nice?'

And another example. While in New Hampshire I was playing with Megan on some rocks in the water. I slipped and part of one of my toenails ripped off. Yuck, I know. Ever since, a day doesn't go by where Megan asks me sincerely, 'Daddy, how is your toe today?'

I admit I haven't hung around a lot of three year olds, so maybe they can think beyond the boundaries of their needs and wants, and Megan is exhibiting normal behavior. Either way, I love it and she rocks!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a compassionate one. If I would have been there I would have laughed when you fell, felt bad, and asked how you were through stiffled laughter. Then I would have forgot all about your toe and just remembered how funny it was when you fell. I know, I'm horrible, I just can't help it. For some reason, people getting hurt is really funny to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting to see how empathetic children are. That has been one of the neatest blessings in having more children.
    Too cute about Megan asking about your toe!!! (And Rachel I laugh when people fall/hurt themselves too--it is a curse!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment