Date Night

Date Night
My effort to get Megan to switch her love for Air Baseball to Real Baseball gained steam when I took her on a date to the Rockies - Padres game last Thursday. I got some free tickets from work, so we ventured downtown after dinner and settled into our seats just before the first pitch.

I must say that I was a little concerned about taking Megan since she had refused a nap earlier in the afternoon. But I think her overtired condition actually made her a little loopy and we found ourselves laughing up a storm. Our favorite time came when I broke out the bag of Animal Crackers. She had control of the bag and would occassionaly hand me one. We played a version of 'Simon Says' eating different body parts of the animals. Then Megan handed me another cracker that I grabbed and popped in my mouth. Instead of being dry and solid, it was wet and soggy. Megan burst into laughter. She had intentionally sucked on the cracker before sneaking it to me. She kept yelling in between her laughter, 'Daddy, you've got my germs now!'.

So we left the game at the bottom of the 5th inning because it was getting late and the pathetic Rockies were down 8-3. Little did we know, but the Rockies would come from behind and win in the bottom of the 10th, 9-8!

Comments

  1. 10th... that's too many innings!!! I like the animal cracker story. What a sneaky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally, the funniest things I ever hear come out of the mouth of that babe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment