Like Mommy, If I Could Be Like Mommy...

Like Mommy, If I Could Be Like Mommy...
Like most athletes, Tanya stretches before she goes jogging or biking. Megan caught on to this activity and thought it was something she could do too. Now, she's gotten really good at it and thinks she has to stretch before anything that requires exercise. It's getting ridiculous. Just the other day, I tried to play catch with Megan in our playroom. I threw her a ball...she picked it up...started the wind up to throw it back...froze just prior to releasing it and announced, 'I need to stretch first.' She promptly sat down and did a few stretches, stood back up and threw the ball to me.

If that wasn't bad enough...before I left for work yesterday, I promised Megan that when I came home, we'd go out on the deck and blow bubbles. I got home that evening and hurried upstairs to change out of my work clothes. Upon walking downstairs and into the kitchen, I told Megan that I was ready. She flew into the kitchen with excitement and plopped herself down in the middle of the floor and said she needed to stretch?!? 'To blow bubbles?', I ask. 'Yes Daddy, to blow bubbles', was her response.

The worst part is that she is 100% serious about it.

Comments

Post a Comment