Passes

Passes
Throughout our adventures during the camping weekend, we drove over 6 different Colorado Passes (Loveland 11992', Vail 10666', McClure 8763', Keebler 9980', Independence 12095', & Fremont 11316'). Each one gave me a taste of that sense of euphoria when you reach the summit after a long hike and you see the sign saying you've reached the top. I say a taste because the wanna-be backpacker in me knows there's nothing like the real thing.

My favorite was Keebler Pass. We decided to drive to Crested Butte on Sunday since it was windy and cool. Crested Butte is not easy to get to normally, but if you take Keebler Pass from Redstone, you can be there in about an hour. Well, driving on the pass was spectacular...one of the most scenic drives I've ever been on. The actual road was dirt and thus took a little longer to traverse than the other paved passes. But the numerous opportunities to stop and take pictures was too hard to resist.

Since living in Colorado, I've seen a few pictures in galleries and shops of Aspen Forests where the photographer captured a shot of nothing but Aspen tree trunks for as far into the forest as you could see. This drive took us right through dozens of these forests. It was amazing. I want to go back there in the Fall to get some more shots.

Comments

  1. When ever they talk about Crested Butte on the news I think "Crusty Butt"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment