A different kind of egg...

A different kind of egg...
After church on Sunday, we had a picnic lunch with the McLeans at a park. Once we finished eating, we decided to take a brief stroll along a paved walking path. Upon turning around to head back, Megan ran far ahead of the rest of us. I'm not sure if she was trying to run like a chicken, but her hands were up by her armpits. Sure enough she stumbled, fell and couldn't get her hands down fast enough to brace the fall.

The result? Prominently on her forehead was a nice, nickel-size scratch and a silver-dollar-size, bulging bruise. She was a trooper. Cried a bit and then was ready to move on.

Later that night, she finally got a good look at the damage in the mirror. A big smile lit up her face. I thought for sure it was out of pride for such a cool boo-boo. Nope. She explained, 'My boo-boo is red. And red is my favorite color.'

Comments

  1. That's too cute. What an optimist you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can say with certainty that this is my favorite post. I hope Megan always sees the world like she does right now. Red is my favorite color, too. See...more in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your glass always be half full! We all have that choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment