Training update

Training update
On Saturday night we went on a family hike back up to Highlands Point. It was a warm night and the sunset was beautiful. This time we brought our camera. We hung out there for about 30 minutes, so we got to see the views change rapidly as the sun departed for the day.

Here's where we're at in preparation for our events:

Tanya - she has been cruising! She swims once or twice a week and just last night swam 18 laps! That equals the 1/2 mile she will have to swim in the triathlon. The other day she ran 1.5 miles...which is a personal best. She also got a bike a couple weeks back and has been mastering the bike paths around town.

Woody - after much procrastination, I ran a 9.6 mile loop that I had charted out a month ago. Got up early Sunday morning and ventured out with 2 straightforward rules. #1 - No stopping or walking. #2 - I had to finish. Even with the confidence gained from my self-imposed rules, I still jogged with cell phone in hand just in case I needed to make an emergency SOS call to be picked up. I'm happy to say I finished and stuck to my rules. I just won't tell you how long it took me. 6 weeks til race day and I'm beginning to believe I might actually be able to finish this thing.

Comments

  1. Holy crap! You guys make me sound REALLY week. 9.6 miles? Dang, Woody. That is awesome. I would have also had to bring in addition to the phone, a few energy bars, a gallon of water, oh, a cot, a squishy pillow, and a few books, and not to forget about THE CAR! 9.6 miles is supposed to be traveled BY CAR. I am fairly certain about this. :) And TL, the fish, very nice! Rach and I bought bikes too and our farthest trip together has been about a mile. We have some work to do.

    I am super proud of you both and what else do you need than some younger cuz props to keep you motivated. For me, I will just pick up my Bowflex routine after conquering my flu.

    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for those of you prone to correcting, I meant WEAK, not WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard enough about this triathalon! If there is a finish line somewhere in Colorado I would love to be standing at it! I cheered my friends on at the OC Marathon and it was a blast, except for the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment