Flashback - March 2000

Flashback - March 2000
Six years ago we brought our first 'child' home. Over the first month or so, we spent many a nights trying to coax her to sleep around 2am and running her outside so she wouldn't pee on the carpet.

Lucy was born seven days after my niece, Lauren, but by the time we picked Lucy up and brought her home, both Lauren & Lucy were about 2 months old. I remember a phone conversation with my sister, Chris, shortly after we brought Lucy home. I had asked her how Lauren was doing. She gave me the run down of her progress with sleeping, eating, etc. After each one, I responded with 'I know exactly what you mean' and unknowlingly proceeded to relate how raising a puppy is just like raising a kid. After I got off the phone, I realized what a dipstick I was and just how gracious Chris was for letting me ramble about raising a puppy. Now that we have 2 girls, I realize even more just how stupid I must have sounded trying to compare caring for a puppy versus a child.

Well, its just me and Lu this week. All my other girls went to SB for some fun with family and friends.

Comments

  1. Wish you were here, too, Woody!! We miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woody, your awareness around the incident with Chris at this time (and then sharing it with the world) just shows what a sensitive guy you are! Thanks so much for loaning your three angels to us for a week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment