Bubbles Up

Bubbles Up
Originally the idea of swim class made Megan's eyes light up and prompted her to jump around excitedly. Now that she knows that it involves floating and going underwater, she dreads it. We go twice a week for half hour sessions. Mr. Ken, her instructor, gets a gold medal for patience. He continues to work with her even though she screams for mommy the entire time. He assures me that this is normal but it's hard to believe when all the other kids sit there nicely with smiles on their wet faces. Yesterday was her last class. It figures on the last day of class, she miraculously does everything Mr. Ken asks her to do without any fuss whatsoever. I'm thinking I need to hurry and sign her up for another round while she has temporarily forgotten how much she dislikes it. (posted by Tanya)

Comments

  1. Megan and I not only (almost) share a birthday, but we share this! To this day when I get that nervous feeling I call it "swimming lessons stomach". Oh how I hated them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, Megan! You'll enjoy your time at the lake all the more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing your child cry is tough - but you're giving her a great gift! Don't give up and she will end up to be a fish like her Mommie is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment