Autumn Sunset

Autumn Sunset
Mom: Megan, who made the sunset?

Megan: God did.

He also made good times w/ friends...

On Saturday night, I went with my friend Jim to a DU (University of Denver) hockey game. It was awesome...probably the most fun I've had at a sporting event in a long time. DU is the 2 time defending national champions and they were playing host to the University of Minnesota. Unfortunately the Golden Gophers got the best of them and won 4-3. The game was very exciting. I forgot how much fun college hockey games are. It's been about 12 years since I've been to any hockey game. First off, the Zamboni's are much cooler than I remember. The ones at DU were all decked out with ads and the wheels even had sweet rims. The arena was pretty cool too. It's seats over 6K, and sells out for most games. They have a rockin' student section. Check it out in on our Links page.

On Sunday, I played Disc Golf with some friends from church, James & Kelly. I now have a new disc golf claim to fame. On the 9th hole, I hit the chains on the fly from tee off. It was a shorter hole, about 250 feet...but getting an ace on it was by far my best disc golf shot ever. James explained that when you get a hole in one, you get to write your name on the back of the hole number sign. So if you head to the Ken Caryl course, you'll see my name and the date on the back of hole 9!

Needless to say, it was a great weekend!

Turkey Statistics: More than 45 million turkeys are cooked and eaten during Thanksgiving. The average weight of turkeys purchased for Thanksgiving is 15 pounds. A 15-pound turkey typically has about 70% white meat and 30% dark meat. Ninety percent of American homes eat turkey on Thanksgiving. Fifty percent eat turkey on Christmas. Turkeys are fed mainly a balanced diet of corn and soybean meal mixed with a supplement of vitamins and minerals. On average, it takes 75-80 pounds of feed to raise a 30-pound tom turkey.

Comments

  1. i only have one thing to add. someone way back told me never to play sports with woody. he's one of those guys who says that he has never played this or that and then wins everytime. the example that they gave was for disc golf. they invited woody and he said he had never played before. he ended up beating everyone. good work sherwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may use my administrative powers to delete the previous comment for it contains a plethora of inaccuracies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've witnessed far too many of these evidences. I concur with you, Trevor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I never told them I had never played before. Secondly, I didn't win...just got the hole in one. James has got game when it comes to disc golf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment